Automatically Create an Assignment by Topic
Automatically creating an assignment by topic (standard) is the quickest way to assign additional on-grade level practice to your students. This type of assignment is basically the same as a student completing a session in their "Study Plan," except it gives the teacher the ability to assign a due date. This feature can be used to create an assignment for your entire class or to differentiate for a handful of students, to learn how simply follow the steps below:
- Go to the "Assessment" tab and select "Create Assignment."
- Click the drop-down menu under "Assignment Type:" and select "Automatically Create an Assignment by Topic," and then click "Next."
- Set the assignment date and due date, select the grade level and class or multiple classes, and then click "Load Students."
- Differentiate by leaving a checkmark next to the student names to assign the assignment to and then click "Next."
- Include directions or a message for students that they will see before starting the assignment. There are three options to choose from; no message, message in text format, or a message in video format. If you choose to do a video message, you must approve the video. Then, click "Next."
- Select a subject area and then check the box next to at least one topic. Each topic you select will create a ten-question assignment that assesses the selected topic. (In the example below, I am assigning two assignments; a ten-question assignment on "Equivalent Ratios" and a ten-question assignment on "Quotients of Fractions.") Then, click "Next."
- In the final step, review the assignment summary and click "Assign." The assignment(s) will appear for student(s) under the "Assignments" tab on their student dashboard on the date assigned.