NWEA MAP + Liftoff: How to Map Student Data
Use the chapter settings to view a specific section of the video.
- 0:00 Introduction
- 0:31 How Liftoff Integrates with NWEA MAP (5 key tips)
- 1:27 NWEA District Administrator steps to import MAP Data
- 2:46 School Administrator steps to link the MAP data with student accounts
- 4:14 Student Perspective
- 7:43 NWEA MAP and Liftoff Reports
- 9:48 Contact Us
Our adaptive intervention program, LiftOff, now has the same strand and skill hierarchy as NWEA MAP assessments! We will use student RIT scores from MAP to reduce student diagnostic placement testing.
NWEA MAP RIT Scores are only imported once. Importing the RIT score will reduce the Liftoff diagnostics and will not need to be re-imported after the middle and end-of-year MAP assessments.
At the beginning of the school year you are able to use the EOY RIT scores from last school year so you can begin using Liftoff right away and not have to wait until students take the BOY MAP Assessments.
To link the NWEA MAP data to your student accounts follow the steps below:
- Log in to the School Administrator account
- Click on the "Student Center" tab and select "Manage Users" and then select "NWEA Mapping"
- Scroll to the bottom of the student list and click the "Link with NWEA Map" button
- Select the starting grade level bubble- where MAP testing begins at your campus
- Once the grade level is selected, click Start Mapping
- The Mapped Students will appear in the top box, scroll down to the bottom to see if any students are still in the Unmapped Students box.
- If all students are in the Mapped Students box, the process is complete, just repeat these steps for all grade levels that take the MAP test
- If students are in the Unmapped box, follow the steps below to complete the process
Students may not map for various reasons, for example, they have multiple first or last names listed, they may not have taken their MAP test yet, or there are multiple students with the same name and the system didn’t know which student to put the data with, etc. An administrator must help with the unmapped students since Education Galaxy does not have access to student information to know which student the data is supposed to match up with.
If students are left in the Unmapped Student box:
- Click "Map" next to the student name and a Search box will pop-up
- Clear either the first or last name and click "Search"
*leaving the more specific name usually works the best to help narrow down the correct student
- Then click the "Map" button next to the correct student to link the MAP data with
- The student should now be moved up into the Mapped Students box
- Repeat these steps for all unmapped students who have completed the MAP test
Your students will still need to complete the LiftOff Diagnostics. The Map data we receive helps determine the grade level in which the diagnostics will start effectively shortening the length of the diagnostic tests. However, we still need to get information on the student's missing skill gaps to populate their MyGalaxies, so they will still need to complete the diagnostics after their Map data has been linked.
If you have questions about linking your students with their NWEA MAP data please email email@example.com for support.