Getting Student Accounts Ready
We have a few different options to get student accounts ready...
Single Sign-On System like ClassLink or Clever
Student accounts will be automatically imported once the sync is complete for your campus. School administrators can get this process started by contacting your campus Education Galaxy Implementation Specialist. New students will be automatically added the day after they are part of the official campus roster.
Manual Rostering Using .CSV Files
School administrators can complete the steps below to import students manually or reach out to their Education Galaxy Implementation Specialist for assistance. This will import all students at the campus at one time during this process.
- Download the Sample CSV file linked below
- Enter the required student information into the spreadsheet. If copying and pasting student information from another source, ensure the column headings in the spreadsheet stay exactly like the ones below. The capitalization and order of the headings must be the same, or the import will not work. Our import system pulls the necessary information from the column headings, so the import will fail if the columns are incorrect or the capitalization is changed.
- Check for extra spaces and special characters. Search the document by pressing ctrl+F. Click on "Replace," and then type in a space in the "Find What" box. Then click "Find All," and it will show you every cell that has a space. Leave the "Replace with" box blank (we want the spaces removed) and click "Replace All," and it will replace all the spaces with nothing. Same for special characters like –‘., (dash, apostrophe, period, comma, etc.), just type the special character in the “Find What” box and then replace it with nothing to eliminate these. The import will not work if the document contains any spaces or special characters. Once this step is complete, save the spreadsheet as a . CSV file.
- Upload the spreadsheet by going to "Student Center" then "Import Students."
- Click on the "Choose File" button and select the CSV file you just saved.
- Then click the "Import Students" button.
Check out our Customizing Student Settings article for more information about setting up each student account with the settings and accommodations they need. Teachers can activate Education Galaxy and Liftoff, lock and unlock the diagnostic tests, activate the read-aloud accommodation, choose language settings, limit skill practice usage and avatar customization to after school hours only.
Our Getting Started Resources will help you get familiar with the program and learn how to implement the program to fit your student's needs.