How to Add a Student
Teachers and Administrators can add students from their accounts. Once added, the student will be available to be put in a class by any teacher with a premium account at their school, regardless of who added them. New students will only need to be added once; if both an administrator and teacher add a new student, the student will have two accounts.
- To add a student, go to the "Student Center" tab and select "Manage Users" from the drop-down menu
- Click on the "Manage Students" icon
- On the Manage Student(s) page, click on the "Add New Student" button in the upper right-hand corner
- Type in the student information (first & last name, language setting, grade level, username, password)
EdGal Tip: Leave the StudentId section blank; you don't need it unless your school plans on manually importing students at the beginning of the year and then rostering with a Single Sign-on Service, like Clever or Classlink, later in the year. Another school may use the same sequence of Student IDs, and it can cause problems adding the student account.
- You can choose to manage the program settings for the student now or update the program settings later with the group action options on the Manage Student(s) page.
Now the student is linked to your campus account and can be added to classes. It's as simple as that! Click here to read our Add Student to an Existing Class article for more information.
If your school utilizes a Single Sign-on, like Clever or Classlink, you will not have the ability to add students. Students will automatically be added to your class the day after they are officially rostered to your campus. If you need more help with this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.