How Students "Sign in with Google" that use GC
If you prefer that students use the "Sign in with Google" option on our login page, follow the directions below if your students use Google Classroom:
Students will need to have Education Galaxy accounts created first. Once they’ve synced their Education Galaxy and Google accounts together, Education Galaxy will allow them to sign in with Google for future logins. Click on the link below to learn how to get teacher's and student's Education Galaxy accounts created.
Once teachers have created Education Galaxy accounts for their students, the teachers will follow the steps below to link their EG and Google accounts.
- Teachers - log in to your Education Galaxy account, click here: login page
- Click on the "Student Center" and select "Manage Users."
- Select the Google Classroom option, then click "Sign in with Google."
- Log in with your Google account to link your accounts
- Click allow in each of the permission prompts to grant Education Galaxy authorization to sync with your Google Classroom account.
- Enter your Education Galaxy account credentials to finishing linking your Education Galaxy and Google accounts and click login.
- This will take you back to your Education Galaxy homepage, then click on the "Student Center" and select "Manage Users" again.
- Select the Google Classroom option again, then click on the green Import Google Classes button
- The Google Classrooms will populate, select the classes that need to be imported and then select OK.
- Once the classes are properly displayed, select the Class Name to view the students and their status. Each student's status will change to "Accepted" once they've completed the "Steps for Student Setup," which are listed below.
Steps for Student Setup:
- Students will log in to Education Galaxy by going to www.educationgalaxy.com and clicking the blue "LOGIN" button at the upper right hand of the screen.
- Students will type in their Education Galaxy username and password and click login.
- Students will then click on their name in the upper right-hand corner and then click "Profile," and then select "Sign in with Google."
- Students will log in with their Google Account to link their accounts
- Students will click allow in each of the permission prompts to grant Education Galaxy authorization to sync with their Google Classroom account
- Confirm that each student now displays "Accepted" for the teacher as mentioned in Step 10 above in the teacher directions. Now students will be able to log in to Education Galaxy using the "Sign in with Google" option on our log-in page.
For more information about our Google Classroom integration, check out the PDF attachments linked below.
If you prefer that students use the "Sign in with Google" option on our login page, but they don't use Google Classroom, follow the steps in this article: How Students "Sign in with Google" if they don't use Google Classroom (These steps will work for students that don't use Google Classroom but have Google email addresses)