How Students "Sign in with Google" if they don't use Google Classroom
If you prefer that students use the "Sign in with Google" option on our login page, follow the directions below: (The steps below will work for students that don't use Google Classroom but have Google email addresses)
Students will need to have Education Galaxy accounts created first. Once they’ve synced their Education Galaxy and Google accounts together, Education Galaxy will allow them to sign in with Google for future logins. Click on the link below to learn how to get teacher's and student's Education Galaxy accounts created.
Once teachers have created Education Galaxy accounts for their students, the teachers will need to create an Education Galaxy class. Click on the link below to learn how to create a class:
After the teachers have created their students accounts and created their class(es), then the teachers will follow the steps below to link their EG and Google accounts.
- Teachers - log in to your Education Galaxy account, click here: login page
- Click on the "Student Center" and select "Manage Users."
- Select the Google Classroom option, then click "Sign in with Google."
- Log in with your Google account to link your accounts
- Click allow in each of the permission prompts to grant Education Galaxy authorization to sync with your Google Classroom account.
- Enter your Education Galaxy account credentials to finishing linking your Education Galaxy and Google accounts and click login.
- This will take you back to your Education Galaxy homepage, then click on the "Student Center" and select "Manage Users" again.
- Select the Google Classroom option again, once in the Google Classroom Center their Education Galaxy classes will populate. Note: If the Education Galaxy classes do not populate, filter by grade level or class name.
- Select the green Enable Google Classroom button. Then select OK to enable the class. A message will populate displaying the class has been added to Google Classroom; select OK.
- A message will populate displaying the class has been added to Google Classroom; select OK.
- With the Class now enabled, the button will be greyed out. Select the class name to view the students and their status. Each student's status will change to Accepted once they've completed the Steps for Student Setup (listed below).
Steps for Student Setup:
- Students will log in to Education Galaxy by going to www.educationgalaxy.com and clicking the blue "LOGIN" button at the upper right hand of the screen.
- Students will type in their Education Galaxy username and password and click login.
- Students will then click on their name in the upper right-hand corner and then click "Profile," and then select "Sign in with Google."
- Students will log in with their Google Account to link their accounts
- Students will click allow in each of the permission prompts to grant Education Galaxy authorization to sync with their Google Classroom account
- Confirm that each student now displays "Accepted" for the teacher as mentioned in Step 10 above in the teacher directions. Now students will be able to log in to Education Galaxy using the "Sign in with Google" option on our log-in page.
For more information about our Google Classroom integration, check out the PDF attachment and article linked below.